Henley Business School at the University of Reading is a leading international business school based in the UK. One of the few business schools globally to hold triple accredited status, we were also the first UK business school and are one of the oldest in Europe.
The University itself is ranked among the world’s top 200 institutions and as one of the most research intensive universities in the UK.
A truly international business school, we have around 7,000 students from more than 130 countries. From the UK and Europe, to Asia and Africa, from North and South America to Australasia. We are also proud of our growing alumni network, which features over 30,000 members.
Henley Business School
- One of the largest full-service business schools in Europe.
- Founded in 1945, the oldest business school in the UK.
- One of the first UK business schools to receive triple accreditation (AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB) and in the top 1% of global business schools to hold triple accreditation.
- Awarded the prestigious 2006 Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade Category.
- A new £30 million pound building, opened in 2009 on the Whiteknights campus, representing the largest single development project in the University’s history.
- Consistently rated among the UK’s top business schools based on research outputs and performance.
- Home to a unique combination of 17 internationally-renowned research centres and centres of excellence, ranging from the John Madejski Centre for Reputation to the Centre for Real Estate Research, from the John H. Dunning Centre for International Business to the Centre for Euro-Asian Studies.
- The ICMA Centre was the first finance department to offer dealing room facilities; the first to offer finance masters on a distance-learning basis and the first to offer degrees in upcoming areas including compliance and Islamic finance.
- The ICMA Centre has one of the largest Reuters equipped dealing rooms outside of the investment banks.
- The School of Real Estate & Planning is ranked as the leading real estate centre in Europe by the US-based Urban Land Institute.
- 98% of Real Estate & Planning students enter graduate level jobs within six months of graduating.
- The School of Management is ranked among the top 10 in the UK for undergraduate career prospects (The Guardian) and consistently rated among the country’s top performers in the NSS national student satisfaction survey.
- The Schools of Economics and Real Estate & Planning both recently celebrated 40 years of excellence in teaching and research.
- At any one time over 5,000 individuals are studying for the prestigious Henley MBA in more than 100 countries.
- Henley has produced the most Doctor of Business Administration graduates in Europe.
Henley Distance Learning MBA
Economist Intelligence Unit 2008
- No.2 in the UK
- No.6 in the world
The programme received the top score for student rating of programme content.
Henley Full-Time MBA
Economist Intelligence Unit 2008
- Overall No.4 in the UK
- No.9 in Europe
- No.20 in the world
- No.1 in the world for Personal development and educational experience
- No.1 in the world for Faculty Quality
- No.1 in the world for Potential to Network
- No.1 in the world for Student Quality
- No.1 in the world for Breadth of Alumni Networks
- No.2 in the world for Increase in Salary
Henley Executive MBA
Financial Times 2008
- No.5 in the UK,
- No.13 in Europe
- No.44 in world
- No.1 in UK, No.5 in world for Career Progression – (ahead of INSEAD and IMD)
Corporate open executive programmes
Financial Times 2009
- 2nd in the UK, 10th in Europe and 26th in world for New Skills and Learning
- 2nd in the UK, 10th in Europe and 28th in world for Aims Achieved
- 2nd in the UK, 13th in Europe for Repeat Business and Growth
- 2nd in the UK, 11th in Europe for International Location
- 3rd in the UK, 6th in Europe and 19th in world for Quality of Participant